- Bramley Apples (1 per serving)
- Spelt Porridge Flakes (10 g per person)
- Nut & Seed Mix (see recipe under snacks) – 1 tbsp per serving
- Natural Yoghurt – 1 dollop per serving
- Honey or Agave Syrup – a drizzle
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp per serving (to taste)
Peel and core the apples and then slice them finely.
Place in saucepan with 1 tbsp of water, put a lid on the saucepan and bring to a slow simmer. Stir occasionally and keep simmering until the apples have turned to a soft pulp. This can also be done in the microwave (though the resulting apple tends not to be as smooth) – place finely sliced apple in a bowl with a tsp of water (if only one apple), put in
the microwave on high for 3-5 mins (checking throughout and stirring occasionally) until the apple has pureed.
In a dry frying pan place the spelt flakes and seed mix and gently toast. Put the apple in a bowl, top with the spelt and seed/nut mix, drizzle honey over the top, add a dollop of yoghurt and cinnamon to taste.
You can also sprinkle the contents of one or two Acai Berry Plus capsules on the top to boost the nutritional content and give you a great energy boost! Serve whilst the apples are still warm.
Perfect comfort pudding as the nights draw in 🙂